American television personality Khloe Kardashian has been hospitalised recently after she was infected with an infection called Staph Infection. She first got sick with the infection when she visited her sick husband Lamar Odom at the hospital he was admitted in. On November 24th, Khloe tweeted a relieving and happy message for her almost 20M followers “I’m so blessed I’m doing better & my infection is healing. I was able to be out and about today. Quarantine is over lol“. Besides that she’s enjoying her Thanksgiving Day with her Kardashian and Jenner family.
Staph Infection also called MRSA is a type of infection which is caused by a bacteria called staphylococcus. You must be wondering what the hell that is, right? Well, it’s a gram positive bacteria, which appears in a round shape under the microscope, and form in a strange grape like clusters. The germs are mostly found in the skin or nose of any individuals, This kind of bacterias do not cause any problems. The good news is that, it’s a treatable infection. Even after getting sick with the infection, the 31 year old television personality has recovered from the infection.
Signs and Treatment of Staph Infection
Signs of the Infection
5. High fever
6. Hair follicles infection
7. Blisters on skin
At times it can either commence with open sore in the skin, and other times no outbreaks at all.
1. Antibiotics : Medications given by the doctor to get rid of the bacteria. Penicillin was used in the past.
2. Skin Cleansing
Prevention and Causes of the infection
Can Staph Infection be prevented?
Yes, it can. There are many ways that it can be prevented. How?
1. Whenever you have a cut or skin breakdown, wash the infected spot with soap and water, make sure it’s dry, and covered until it has healed.
2. The Infection is contagious, avoid anything that is already contaminated with someone else’s wounds
1. Through one person to another
2. Through Air
3. Surfaces that are contaminated
4. From one body area to the other