Katie Price hurt her Spinal cord pretty badly after playing with her children at their place. According to OK! magazine, the incident occurred a few weeks back, when she found the kids and her husband Kieran messing around in Junior’s room, so she thought of joining in the fun too, she jumped on the arm of the sofa, when she ended up falling on the hard part and fractured her coccyx right away. As soon as she hurt herself, she was in a terrible pain and the next morning she could not move at all. The 37 year old’s husband was so concerned about his wife, that he “Offered to call an ambulance, but in the end they managed to get to the hospital themselves.” She was in so much pain that she couldn’t even walk properly. After getting treated in the hospital she’s doing much better now.
Wondering what Coccyx is?
Coccyx is also called tailbone, which is a small triangular bone in shape that is found in both the humans and some apes. It’s located at the bottom of the spine close to the anus. It’s made up of rudimentary vertebrae.
Treatment of Coccydynia
1. Placing an ice pack for a couple of days as soon as the pain commences
2. Avoiding sitting down, because when you sit that’s when you experience pain
3. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Causes of Coccydynia
1. Coccydynia mostly occurs when a person’s coccyx or the surrounding part of the tissue becomes damaged. Once it’s damaged, it causes terrible pain at the lowest part of the spine, especially when sitting down.
2. By falling over i.e skating, playing soccer, riding a bicycle/horse and etc
3. It can also be caused by childbirth
4. Through sexual intercourse (Anal sex)